Sister Erickson

Sister Erickson

Monday, March 21, 2016

Miracle March

Hello,
Hope everyone is doing great. I'm doing well, really enjoying my time here :) This week I've really pondered about the many blessings I've had, especially the ones i didn't necessarily see before my mission. I've felt like i've grown so much and I'm grateful for you all and your influence to me!!
We had a crazy miracle this week. This week our miracle came through patience. An investigator that has been investigating on and off for about 6 months walked up to us on sunday at church and said "Sisters, I'm ready. I don't know what I've been holding back." Gloribel wants to be baptized!! And for the right reasons. She has shown so much intent with us the last week: she's set up her own member present lessons, prayed about a date, asked a member to baptize her, and even argued with her boss about getting sundays off. I know she is feeling the Spirit testify to her that this is what she needs to do because she has never been this ambitious about the church before. She is progressing for the 31st to be baptized in Miracle March :)
This week we had a lesson with our gator Shawn and taught about the word of wisdom. What was pretty cool about it is we had with with some members that have a pretty good name for themselves. We had it in the home of Alan and Chris Hawkshaw. They are from England and Alan was a famous musician and composer. Look him up on google if you want, since most of you can :) haha. but it was a very spiritual lesson and they talked about how they were able to overcome drugs and alcohol that was prevalent in the music industry. 
Hope you all have a great week! Remember to keep smiling, even through the tough. it shows the world and yourself that you trust in God and what He has for you.
Love 
Sister Kylie Erickson 

Sunday foto
Greole--> famous haitian food, fried pork and fried plantains. Haitians love their oil... haha. but it's all good cuz the salad makes up for it, right? haha

No comments:

Post a Comment