Sister Erickson

Sister Erickson

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Hey all!
So got the transfer news and I'll be heading to Royal Palm Beach with my awesome mission friend Sister Haws! Really excited for this change, really bittersweet though. I love the people here and have seen so many miracles and so many hearts soften to receive the gospel of Christ. But hey, we live, learn, and move along!
This week was great! We saw a huge miracle happen, the Rio sisters found a YSA named Anthony that came to stake conference. Even though he couldn't fully understand the "why" of temples or family history work, he definitely felt the spirit. During the song "I Love to See the Temple" he circled the words "I'm a child of God, I've learned this truth." There were a lot of other basic principles that stood out to him that he loved. We did a chapel tour with him yesterday and he accepted being baptized on the 8th of October. He loved the members of the branch and the dignity that they held. He told us he's ready to come close to Christ and he has complete trust that we can help him to do that! We're so excited for him! It has been amazing to see an answer to a prayer. We have been praying recently to find someone that was humble, meek, and lowly of heart. And God put Anthony in our path. He hears and He answers. 
I have loved being in this branch. I have loved being in YSA for this time and for chance to help people of a critical age change their lives and come close to Christ. There are so many open and willing hearts and I"m glad I was granted the privilege to work with them to help them receive the restored gospel. Ready to giddy up in Royal Palm Beach!
I've been studying about charity and loving others recently. I've worked hard to look at everyone through God's eyes and see them for their story through their shoes. Abinadi had enough love for them that he tried to help them even up until his last breath. I want to be that kind of instrument for my Father in Heaven.
Love you all!
Sister Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment