Sister Erickson

Sister Erickson

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Hey all! This week was transfers... I'll be staying in Miramar and my comp will be Sister Root from Utah. I served with her earlier and she is amazing!! I'm stoked for Christmas miracles to happen here with her. 
This week was so great. Our friend Celeste was able to come to church! We were really happy about that. Her younger sister Jaylah was planning on coming but bailed last minute. She is really excited to come next week though.They also came to our Christmas party and was impressed with the fellowship and how united the church was! 
Our huge miracle came from an unbaptized 9 year old named Martin. His dad is less active and has hard feelings with the church so for a while it wasn't really an option for him to be baptized even though he's been coming to church his whole life. The mom was really worried to ask but i know the Christmas spirit has been softening all their hearts! Martin's mom came up to us on Sunday and said that she wants us to teach him everything so that he can be ready to be baptized whenever they all get the ok. I know that God provides miracles and His timing is so perfect!! We're so excited for him!!
I've been studying about charity this week. It's been perfect for this holiday season. I'm personally working on transforming my love for people into action and SHOWING them i love them. It's been great!! In True to the Faith it says, "As you continue to receive the Savior's perfect love and as you demonstrate Christlike love for others, you will find that your love increases." I love that. it takes receiving it from Christ to be able to give it back to those around us. It's a continuous cycle that just continues to increase. I'm grateful for my Savior's love for me.
I LOVE the Miramar ward. It truly is so amazing. The members are so great. I'm excited for these next 5 weeks to be with them! Thanks for all your support and love. Remember that He is the reason for the season! God bless. 
Sister Erickson

Our zone is sending 4 missionaries home this transfer so this is our farewell to them!
Miami Lakes District
Our Polar Express Christmas party
Cutest little kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment