Sister Erickson

Sister Erickson

Monday, December 19, 2016

TIS THE SEASONNNNN

Things are going so great here in Miramar. The holiday season is wonderful and we are seeing Christmas miracles.
One of which comes from setting visions and creating things spiritually before they happen temporally. On our first day of the transfer, Sister Root and I, right before we got out to knock in the neighborhood, we prayed for a vision of who the Lord wanted us to find, teach, and help prepare to be baptized during these holidays. We prayed and asked the Lord and after the prayer, I saw a single dad that was African American/ Haitian and he had 2-3 daughters. I opened my eyes, looked at Sister Root and described what I saw. Her jaw dropped and she said.... she saw the exact same family! It was incredible. Fast forward to a few days later and we get a call from a man named Riclair that wanted to meet with us and learn about what we believe. He started asking "If I were to become Mormon would I...." type of questions. We met him the next day and.... we met his 2 daughters. And he's Haitian. God has lead our vision to us!! It was incredible to see the Spirit working through us and to see that we were doing God's will. SO COOL.
We also saw a huge miracle where we were able to help our 9 year old friend agree to be baptized on the 1st of January! What a cool new year's gift, right?! His family has been waiting for him to be baptized for a while and it is all happening through God's grace and His timing. I'm so glad i get to be a part of it.
This week I was studying about Charity. In Moroni 7:48 it talks about how if we pray with all energy of heart that we will acquire this love. But i began to wonder how that happens. How is this love gifted to us? I then read Moroni 8:26. It says, "And the remission of sins bringeth meekness, and lowliness of heart; and because of meekness and lowliness of heart cometh the visitation of the *Holy Ghost, which Comforter filleth with hope and *perfect love*, which love endureth by diligence unto prayer, until the end shall come, when all the saints shall dwell with God." The Holy Ghost is what makes us more charitable. it is the agent that softens our hearts and fills us with perfect love. Because we are longing to do God's will and to be humble towards Him and what He has to offer us. We maintain this love by prayer and praying with diligence. it isn't something we can just get then it is there forever. I feel the Savior's love and I know that it is what unites people during the holiday season.
Love you all! 
Sister Erickson

My cute friend Sister Haws and I
Sister Root! We made an accidental surprise trip to the temple! 

No comments:

Post a Comment