P.S. my email will come in on tuesday next week due to transfers :)
done with week 5!
Biking for days
Dinner on the side of the road
I love Florida! The people are weird, but they are so awesome as well! I'm doing great, thanks for the prayers!
10. There are so many made up churches here. This week we knocked into a pastor that organized his own church that took a piece of every religion and combined into one.
9. Blinkers on cars are just an indication that you are from out of town. No one here uses them at all. Plus if you are at a green light for longer than 1 second, then you have 15 upset drivers that begin honking at you like crazy!
8. The Florida sunsets are the most amazing things I've ever seen!
7. I have learned to say "We are missionaries for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" in spanish and i'm working on learning door approaches and what to say when I want to give someone a card on the street.
6. Stake conference consists of Haitians, Latins, African Americans, and white missionaries. 2 of the 3 songs we had for conference were sung in Spanish.
5. In the middle of saying prayers with people we meet, we have to pause after every sentence because odds are, someone is going to say "amen" or "praises" in the middle of your prayer.
4. I meet more haitians than any other race here. I wonder if there are any haitians left in haiti! haha.
3. Instead of saying gunna, or going to, everyone says finna. For example, "I finna get you some water."
2. Once while biking this week, we stopped at a stop light and a guy drove up with blaring jazz music and out of nowhere... he's playing his trumpet. Out the window. It was like jazz band karaoke.
1. all sprinkler systems here smell like sulfur and rotten eggs.
Hey y'all! Hope everyone is doing awesome!Today I'm going to share some interesting facts/ weird things you see in Southern Florida.