Sister Erickson

Sister Erickson

Monday, November 30, 2015

Hello friends and family! 
This week I got my new companion, her name is Sister Kerr from Portland, OR. It's been awesome being with her, she is a fireball, a really hard worker, extremely faithfilled, trusting in the Lord and His plan, and a firm believer in creating success. She has been out on her mission for about 3 weeks now and she is doing fantastic as a missionary! We were able to spend thanksgiving with recent converts to the gospel and we had a great time. The hospitality here is so kind and our ward treats us very well. I hope everyone had a fantastic thanksgiving! One thought that we have been sharing with people we meet is found in Alma 5:40. It talks about how good things come from God. As we continue to be grateful for the things that we have, the Lord will continue to bless us. It has taught me that I must continue to be grateful for what I have and to do it even more! You can never be too grateful!
It amazes me how fast time flies here. It's already the holidays! what?! So fast. 
One miracle we saw this week is when we were knocking doors. I asked my companion in a faithfilled manner, "How many people are we going to find today to teach?" and she reassured me that we would find 10. I was a little surprised, but gladly accepted that as a goal! The next door we knocked on was a family of 10! Which is uncommon here. We will go back this week to teach them, we aren't sure how many of them are interested in our message but it will be exciting to see miracles. 
One quote that i've come across this week comes from President Uchtdorf. He says, "Be patient and compassionate with yourselves.  Some sacrifices are better than others. You need not wait for a golden ticket to be happy. Never forget the 'why' of the gospel of Jesus Christ will inspire and uplift you.  Never forget that your Heavenly Father knows, loves, and cherishes you." I hope this uplifts and inspires you. 
Have a great week! Our Savior Jesus Christ lives and is too good to us. Love you all!
Sister Kylie Erickson 

No comments:

Post a Comment